Friday, May 17, 2013

CUPID'S ARROW: Jude Law haiku guessing game

Today's Cupid's Arrow comes courtesy of Kierra of the fantastic blog All About YA Novels. She wanted one of the Valentines to venture into his/her writing cave and create beautiful poetry about beautiful man Jude Law. Well, Kierra, that can be arranged.

For the uninformed, Jude Law is a film actor who is equal parts handsome stallion and talented actor. Come for the British accent, stay for the bravura acting.


I decided to have some fun with this arrow. I turned it into a game. Below are 5 haikus, each about a different Jude Law movie. See how many you can get right. I'll post the answers Friday afternoon.

1) A charming playboy
Killed by his creepy pale friend
Identity thieved

2) Loved Nicole Kidman
Survived Civil War for her
And then he got shot

3) Detective's sidekick
 In Victorian England
Looked good with mustache

4) Gorgeous widower
Fell for an American
Over Christmas break

5) He cheats on black swan
Sleeps with Erin Brockovich
Everybody's sad

Thanks for the arrow, Kierra!

Cupid out.

(And congratulations to Stephanie Thomas for winning last week's Cupid's Revenge prize package! Don't forget to shoot us arrows for more prizes and fun!)

UPDATE - The answers to these haiJudes (see what I did there...):
1) The Talented Mr.Ripley 
2) Cold Mountain
3) Sherlock Holmes
4) The Holiday
5) Closer



10 comments:

  1. OH, my holy hysterical!! LOVE THIS, PHILIP! I know 3 of the 5 for sure!

    Despite his past activities with his children's nanny (#shameshame) I still find Jude absolutely delicious--you did him justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about mentioning that nanny stuff, but the world has moved on, so I supposed I should too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Philip, I laughed out loud at these! SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Here I thought I was a Jude Law fan, and I only knew 2 of the haikus..good job, Philip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only know 2. Clearly I need to get some clarity on my Jude Law film history. Great job, Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome, Philip! Going to tweet this now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Jude. Love these! Great job Philip! But what movie did he cheat on Natalie Portman with Julia Roberts?? I'm stumped. (or did I not get those hints right?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, these are great! (And thanks to my decade-long Jude Law obsession back in the day, I recognized all of them and then started thinking about his even more obscure films like eXistenZ and that really bad vampire one. Okay, so it was a long decade.) Kudos on a genius post, Philip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your HaiJudes! Come for the accent stay for the acting, among other things :D

    ReplyDelete